Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ben in the news

Here is an event that happened last year that made it to the New York Times or some other newspaper back east. Funny, nothing was ever mentioned in any of Arizona's newspapers. Of course this is really a daily occurrence out here. They must be starving for a little taste of the southwest back in the northeast.

October 27, 2009
Border Patrol Agents Prevent Theft

U.S. Border Patrol agents from the Ajo Station, assigned to a Forward Operating Base (FOB), stopped cattle rustlers from stealing cattle.

Agent Willis, with the use of a mobile surveillance system,was able to detect three subjects on horseback attempting to rustle up cattle. Because the area is remote and not frequented by people, Agent Willis quickly recognized that the subjects were not local ranchers.

Supervisory Border Patrol Agent (SBPA) Rose, (A)SBPA Delgado, Agent Kendall, and Agent Ratto from the Papago Camp were able to respond in a timely manner and prevent the theft. The agents gave chase but were unable to apprehend the subjects before they returned to Mexico.
Times have changed, but Border Patrol agents are still encountering many of the same crimes that occurred when the agency was established in 1924. Thanks to the vigilance and presence of the Border Patrol, agents in remote areas are often the first responders to many crimes and are able to respond quickly to disrupt illegal activity. The implementation of Forward Operating Bases, like Papago Camp, has added greater Border Patrol presence along the border and allows the Border Patrol to better perform its mission of securing our Nation’s border.

The FOB was established to address remote crossing points that have historically been very difficult for agents to patrol due to the vast distances and time involved to access these areas.

(Cool, huh? I added the picture because he's so handsome!)

1 comment:

Amalee said...

what a cute 'stripey' shirt family. Ben, you are SO handsome. What a looker, eh Reese? Happy Birfday to Allen, coming right up! (Do you think a live rat would make it through the us postal system?)

Actual, real live conversations are underway as I type, as to the possibility of me coming down soon. I know, I talk alot, still the money bites me in the butt. I don't know why we all need it. I can barter. I got skills. :)