Here's our last couple of weeks in pictures! (I prefer pictures over words because the ARE worth a thousand words and that's less typing for me!)
Sharing a box of Cracker Jacks (left-overs from Pack Meeting) how sweet! 12-2-08
Having fun with a big, strong brother.
After I poured Charlie's cereal on this morning and was walking away from the table, he started screaming, "I weed! I weed!" and I didn't have a clue what he was talking about until I spun around and saw him jumping up and down on his chair and pointing at the cereal box. He simply wanted to do some light reading at the breakfast table! It was so cute I had to get some pictures. I remember doing this myself when I was young cause that's what I saw my daddy do and Allen did it too. 12-3-08
Look at him pointing at the words! Yea for reading! Today (12-14-08) he pointed at the letters and said their names, "F-L-A-X P-L-U-S" and then he ran his finger backwards, underlining the letters and slowly said "Ch-ar-lie." We all giggled and I showed him that it said Flax Plus. He's getting there!
This is the day we went "HUNTING" for Christmas trees. (12-5-08) See, our family doesn't ever go hunting for game or even shoot at anything bigger than grasshoppers with a BB gun, but when it comes to Christmas and our Christmas trees my mother and I are very serious. (Ben is still learning this as evident by his yearly proposition that we either buy a fake tree, a HUGE ABOMINATION, or get a cone-shaped one from a road side stand or a grocery store, not even! ) So, usually, we go out the day after Thanksgiving and hunt down a tree. This year we waited and extra week so we wouldn't be making 2 trips up to My mom's house as the Willis Family Taco Party was this weekend. Anyway, we met my mom on the rim and she and Allen split of and went hunting for her tree while me, Ben and the younglings hunted one down for us. The rim is a really pretty background for pictures! We took some engagement pictures there.
Charlie wanted to walk all by himself and climb on everything and trip on everything so we let him. He ate some old, dirty, snow and loved it! What a novelty!
Shaelynn ate some old, dirty snow and some pine needles too and quite enjoyed herself... until her hands got cold and then she screamed her head off!
We found THE tree, so before we made the kill we took a picture of us in front of it to get some perspective of how huge it was! Can you count how many points that buck tree has? He was huge!
Charlie and Shaelynn got to ride in the front like the hunting dogs to see if they could pick up the scent of another tree or Grandma and Allen.
Found 'em! By the look on Allen's face they got themselves a buck tree too!
Allen showed Charlie where they had first spotted his tracks. (He really is showing some tracks they'd found!)
And here's where he jumped down this steep ravine and made a break for it, but grandma and Allen kept up with his pace...
It was a long walk for the young'ins, so big bro carried Charlie the last half of the trek. What a good big brother! (And handsome too!)
Charlie wanted to take a whack at it before we got it down, so we turned him loose with the saw. (We would never do this with a gun, so don't call CPS on us, okay?)
Here are the young'ins with the kill, , Shaelynn, her first blood, Charlie with his second.
When we got to their buck tree they told us that they had to let it roll down the side of a hill because it was supposed to fall up hill when they made the kill, but it was so heavy that gravity won. Ben helped Grandma Parkes carry it back to the truck.
This is the trunk of her tree and if this dosen't represent the true meaning of Christmas, I don't know what does. CHRISTMAS IS LOVE!
Here's our family with grandma's kill.
And here's grandma lovin' on Shaelynn.
This is at the Willis Family Taco Party. It's the one thing that Ben truly looks forward to every year. 12-6-08
Whenever Ben and his brothers get together there always has to be a wrestling, match, no matter how nice the house is. (Sorry, Aunt Shirley!) Evan's nose started bleeding! (Nice one Ben!)
Guess who stole and ran off with my camera! (Thank you again, Aunt Amy!) Allen got it away from him right as this picture was taken! Look at that guilty (and yet still adorable) face!
Grandma and Grandpa Willis taking it easy.
Back at Grandma Parkes' house after church 12-7-08. Playing with grandma's pre-school toys is super fun and exciting!
Shaelynn thinks so too! (Man is this kid cute or what?) I never thought I would put my girl in a dress cause I hated them so much, but dang, she is so adorable in them... well in anything really! But I'm definitely not partial!
Posing with Grandma Parkes' Furry Friends! Awe!
On the way home 12-8-08... Peek-A-Boo! (Or is it Poke-A-Boo? She got her finger in her eye!)
"Why is this thing in our house?" Oh well, might as well pull these green pokey things off and eat them!"
"What is this water doing in here? I wonder if I could dump this before mom can catch me?"
"I bet I can get these off before they finish getting them on over there!"
Allen did a good job of putting on the ornaments!
And Charlie! And Charlie! (Me too, mom! Me too!)
And these are the ones they broke the tops off of so Shaelynn gets to play with them! (And no, they are not glass, hang up the phone and don't call CPS) She was very excited about that!
Christmas Kids!
After all that work Charlie passed out and Shaelynn thought he should still be awake, so she poked and slapped at him for a little while and I let her because the roles are usually reversed!
Wow! Okay! I know now why I usually post once a week instead of less often! Catching up is a bear! Till next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment