Okay here we go...
Candice and I tried to make cookies last Saturday night for a treat in relief society, buy they didn't quite work out so we went and bought some candy for the treat and I baked up a bunch of cookies the next day for the kids. (Their not picky!) I let them have as many as they wanted, we actually kind of had cookies for dinner! What a bad mom! I've never done that before, but I must say, Allen and I really enjoyed it.
Here's Shaelynn piggin' out! 2-1-09

And, yes, she totally climbs up on the table now!

The next day, Monday, I worked on sanding and
texturing the walls. Ben helped me out before he left for work.
I love this, the prior owner painted around the mirrors that were on this wall. Um, okay? 2-2-09

The dust from sanding got everywhere. We had a lot of cleaning and "dusting" to do afterwards.
Charlie kept climbing up on the piano and sitting in the end of this coffee table.

I sanded the joints...

and we team textured...

Ben did a great job. I was so glad to have a little help.

After all the texture was dry I had to sand it again. I was so glad to be done with that part!
Shaelynn woke up from her nap before I was able to get the dust all cleaned up.

And Charlie found a pile of it that I had swept up.

Once I got the kids down for the night I started priming.

And finally painting!

My wall! (it looks much lighter in the day time)

Next day we had to go to Mesa for some doctor appointments. We had a Taco Bell pick nick at Freestone Park.
The kids love watching and feeding the ducks. 2-3-09

Ben chased Shae around trying to keep her out of the water...

and finally we had to just go far away from it so she couldn't see it. Toys are fun too though. Especially when daddy is pushing you on the swing!

Allen playing, "Poke your nose through here."

Daddy got tired, so Allen took over.

Then Allen got tired.

Charlie was pretending to read the alphabet. Then I asked him
where the C was.

After our appointments and some shopping we had an early birthday party for
Shaelynn at C.C.'s Pizza. Most of my family came. We all had fun.

Charlie started to get jealous of Shae...

so mommy paid some extra attention to him...

And so did daddy. (Wow, do they look related?)

Mommy helped
Shaelynn open her gifts and read her cards.

She loved this
doggie from
Keara's family and I loved the clothed from Carma!

While we were taking pictures of
Shaelynn with her cake Charlie got tired of waiting and helped himself!

He also helped her blow out the candle. What a nice brother!

So, we lit it again and then daddy helped.
Shaelynn didn't mind, she just wanted to lick the frosting of the bottom of the candle! It was a great first birthday.

Charlie had gone to the dermatologist earlier that day and had some acid put on some warts behind his knees. It made blisters and he was hurting so much he was shaking so I gave him a bath and some Tylenol. He has to go back in two weeks to have it done again, poor baby!

Charlie was back to himself in no time. He went and found dad's work boots and was doing a little dance in them. 2-5-09

Shae wanted to try too!

That night I started painting the living room. It's light blue, but it's hard to tell in this picture.

Done with that part! 2-5-09

I did 3 tone on one wall but it took a long time to dry because I added glaze. 2-6-09

Then I cut the moulding to size and routed out a grove for the electrical wire.

Next morning was the 7
th! Shae's real birthday! I took pictures first thing. It has kind of become a tradition,

Then we had breakfast and went to the church
cultural hall for a party with some of our friends from
Ajo. The kids had a ball
running around.

Then Shae got ran over by Charlie. (We don't recognize Shae unless her face has blood on it.)

The kids played games, led by Allen.
Here's Duck, Duck, Goose

and Red Light, Green Light

And Allen pre-made some balloon flowers for everyone.

We sang to Shae and daddy helped her with her cupcake.

Jarrett helped himself!

Allen helped Shaelynn open her gifts.

Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank you! yeah!

Daddy gave in and swung Charlie arround...

and got dizzy...
and nautious...
and Charlie and Shaelynn wanted more!

That night Allen took care of the little 'uns...

while I put the base boards on.

Ooh, look at that outlet... in the wall like it should be!

Then I covered up all the moulding with our furniture.

Good thing I spent so much time on it, just to cover it up!

Check it out, I'm done! (for now, next I have to paint the ceiling and the beams.)
6 comments:
the wallas look great you did an awesome job
Glad to see you aren't very busy. Probably lots of sleep. Must fell nice to be comletelt done with yuor projects.(hehe)
wow you really are superwomen!
I love the pictures of Charlie in the boots..and Shayelynn blowing out the candles..oh yeah can't forget the one where Shayelynn is asleep on Allen's rump..lol. Cute...Love your house!
It looks AWESOME!! Also, I love the new hair style! Very Chic!
Wow you truly are amazing. I can't believe you did it all from the wall to the finished project. It looks great, congrats. So sad about Charlie's legs.
Post a Comment