So, this week has been exciting and busy. On Tuesday I was at Sally Lewis' house and we found a little abandoned kitten. They couldn't keep it so we decided we would take it home with us if the mother didn't come back for it. Candice and i got some kitten formula for it and fed it and then left it there for one more night. It was still there the next afternoon, so it came home to be a Willis kitty. We named him Maximus and we call him Max. His eyes and ears were closed when we first found him but his eyes started opening on Wednesday. At first we fed him with an eyedropper, but I found a preemie baby bottle nipple in my bottle bin and a little 2 oz bottle and he likes that much better. He drinks about 1/2 an ounce of milk about every 4/6 hrs. He sleeps a lot too. The kids and Ben always want to get him up and play with him, but I have to play the mean mom and say no.
Allen feeding Max 5-7-09

Instant friends.

I'm the one that does most of the feeding now. I also have to poop and pee him cause he can't do it by himself yet. That's a fun job, let me tell ya!

Charlie playing with Maximus. He sounds so cute when he says his name.

Shae likes to put her face on him and poke him.

Everybody loves Maximus!

On Friday a friend brought another kitten to the park and no one else could take it so I asked Ben what he thought and he said it was okay with him to keep it. We thought it would be a good companion for max. We named him Spartacus and we weren't even sure if he was a male or not. We left town for a day and Candice took good care of them for us. Unfortunately Spartacus had an accident and is no longer with us. We did learn that Max was doing much better with another kitten, so we are now looking for another kitten.
Spartacus 5-8-09

Allen sold Mother's Day cakes to members of our community so he could earn money for scout camp and I helped him bake and decorate them. He was successful in that he made all he needed in one shot. Since Allen didn't have any experience in decorating he only decorated Shaye's. 5-10-09

My friend Crystal is teaching herself to decorate cakes and she graciously came over Sunday afternoon and spent her Mother's Day helping me decorate. Bless you, Crystal and thank you!

Here is the top of my head!

I was getting tired and sore at the end, hence the expression,

But we still had fun laughing and joking around.

Allen still working on Shaye's cake. He did his best and took his time.

Finally we were done and we loaded them up and delivered them.

Ta da!

Shaye was tickled pink. It was a surprise. Allen said he felt really happy.

Other than that Ben and I went to STOMP in Tempe on Friday while his parents watched our kids for us and it was awesome! Then we went to see Wolverine and that was fun too. I was so nice to go shopping an out to eat and have a break.
More next week!
5 comments:
Allen you did a great job with the cakes! I loved mine too! Teresa thanks for all you do for everybody else!
Loved the cake thanks you guys! Poor little Sparky..that is what Ben called him. He is dearly missed! I had to fight the tears when I saw his picture.
those cakes sure were yummy. you and crystal did a great job on them. :) i hope he earned enough for scout camp!!!!
What kind of accident did the kitty have?
Sweet kitten! I want a kitten...and some cake, too!
Post a Comment