Sunday, May 3, 2009

Camping with the Moores

This week our family went camping at Bear Canyon Lake with Candice and Scott (our neighbors)and their family. Ben is on the midnight shift so he was at work or sleeping pretty much the whole time we were getting ready to go. I learned that it's a lot of work for one person to do. That's why I employed Allen to help me out. We were able to get everything packed and we didn't even forget eating utensils this year!
Before that though, here's a couple of naked babies eating breakfast! Shaelynn is sporting her pink hat that matches mommy's. 4-27-09
And Charlie!
Charlie climbed up to the top of the entertainment center and got my camera and took about 25 pictures. This is one. Not bad
This is the first night camping. 4-29-09 It was cold that night...
...so we made a big campfire and made s'mores with the Moores. (tee hee)
Allen has been taught the proper way to toast a marshmallow, but still prefers to burn it to charcoal.
And Shae didn't want to wait so I gave hers to her raw.
Charlie really got into licking his fingers.
And I made mine and Charlie's. (Ben missed all the fun because he went to bed early)
After all the sweets Allen and Charlie were being kookie.
Next morning Charlie and Quade played in the truck.
Jarret and Shae played in the grease on the ball hitch.
After breakfast me and Scott took all the bigger kids fishing while Ben and Candice stayed with the napping babies. Charlie loved getting to reel in his line. 4-30-09
Here's Quade taking a turn and Charlie deciding he was done with his shoes.
Sarah gave up on the rod and tried catching Minos.
Ben stayed with it the whole 4 hours! And Quade
too.Allen caught the first fish right after I snapped this picture!
So I took one of Scott to see if it would work on him... it did, he caught one too, but later.I also caught 3 fish, but they were all kind of small. All of us got sunburned, but I think my forehead got the worst of it.
Scott cleaned the fish while the kids watched.
This one was Allen's.
Charlie was so enthralled with them.
After cleaning the fish it was time to haul wood into camp. Allen did a good job of it.
And Charlie helped!
It didn't take long for Shaelynn to look like she hadn't had a bath in a month.
Sharing mom's lap.
When Ben got up that afternoon he and Scott had a speed knot tieing contest. Scott won, but Ben was close a couple times. Allen re-learned how to do it too.
Scott making cobbler.
Candice making stew.
And the kids were always underfoot. Gosh they're cute!
Allen and Sarah yakked and yakked.
Candice quite enjoying her biscuit.
Next morning we went fishing again, but this time Candice and Jarret came to check it out too. They must have been bad luck because we didn't catch anything that day. Here's Allen doing his thing. 5-1-09
Charlie, Ben, and Quade having a snack break.
Later that evening we made tin foil dinners for supper. Charlie models them for us.
Shae played in the dirt with the dogs all afternoon.
Charlie got cranky because he didn't get a nap so I helped him smile a bit.
I let Charlie take this picture so he would stop crying.
The mommies serving up the kids' dinners.
Allen didn't wait long enough for his to cool.
Sarah did.
Shae shared mine. Candice's back
Quade and Scott chowing down
After dinner we made banana boats. Charlie was so excited!
Opening it up.Sharing with the kids.
Making a smile
Making a sticky, chocolate mess.
Using hands as hot pads.
Shaelynn got in on a little wood hauling action.
Ben warming his tookas.
Allen, Sarah and Ben playing Harry Potter.
Wow, what a clean face!
Jarret walked around all night using this stick as a microphone singing, "E-I-E-I-O!"
Saturday morning 5-2-09 we had a quick and easy cereal breakfast while we packed up to leave. Shae loves cereal.
Candice made hot cocoa for all of us.
Charlie was ready to go home.
He waited in the truck for half an hour.

We had a fun time and got home in one piece. Charlie and Shae were happy to be home with their toys and Charlie wanted to watch a movie as soon as we walked in the door.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a fun relaxing time! Wish I could have gone with you! I'm gonna need a vacation when I get finished with school in a week! I just gotta make it that far!

Karen said...

Looks like y'all had a great time. I love the pics. Charlie make me laugh and I love how dirty Shae got. So fun! We missed you this weekend, but since you had fun I guess we can forgive for not coming up. Luv you guys! (=

Trish Olsen said...

looks like you guys had a blast!!!! im so jealous i have been wanting to go camping for the LONGEST time