Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Allen Family Reunion 2009

So, I'm about a month behind on getting stuff posted on our blog, but hey, it's summer... time to be lazy, right? No, I really have been busy and since Allen is with his grandma for a month I don't have as much help entertaining the little ones. We miss him, but know he's having fun in Taylor.

These are pictures from the reunion in Woodruff. We had a good time this year. (I took a lot of family pictures and pictures of the kids because we weren't able to get family pictures in March because some of us had pink eye.)

Allen, Charlie and Shaelynn 6-12-09
Allen
Charlie and his glowing ears (Yes it was on purpose!)Posing so cutely!Shaelynn did not want to take a break from playing to take a picture, she never does. So she threw a fit and cried.
Back to the important stuff, drinking out of some dog's water dish. Yum! Charlie wanted to take some pictures, so I turned him lose with the camera for a minute. This is Keara, Me, my mom, and Aunt Janet. And here's Carma and Levi! He did a few more, but I'll spare you.
Allen riding the horses for the first time. 6-13-09
Charlie eagerly waiting his turn.
And Daddy helps Shae see too!
Charlie had a blast. He still refers to it as HIS horse.
For Shae it was like doing the splits.
Awe, maybe we need a horsie, daddy?
Shaelynn loved petting them.
My fondest memories from the Allen reunion when I was growing up are swinging on the swing bed and singing "The Bear Went Over the Mountain" at the top of my lungs.
Shae got tired and was swung to sleep.
Levi shares a secret.
Charlie helped out with the raffle this year. He was the official ticket stirrer. He really got into the job!
These are the descendants of Thelma Allen that were at the reunion.
Connie's family dressed up like chickens and did a little dance while throwing candy filled eggs. I don't know why, but it was cute.
Allen and his cousins getting siked up for the raffle.
Shae hit her eye again, but I can't remember what happened.
She sure enjoyed the candy filled eggs!
So did Charlie. Daddy told him to lay off the candy and junk and he's getting a fake, half hearted reprimand for not doing it.
Shae shared with dad.
This is what Ben did for all 3 days... again.
Charlie got to hold his cousin's new baby. He loves babies.
Shae talking to Levi during lunch. 6-14-09
They shared food, mostly his food because they didn't like hers.
Charlie didn't have that problem.
Here's my cry baby again not wanting to let me take a picture.
No one really wanted to take a family picture either, so this one stinks too.
They wanted to hurt me for making them sit through this one too.
This is a crying girl, but it could look like a happy girl if you strain real hard!
And Charlie is cute and happy, but it's because he's spitting.
I forced him to smile.
Back home at Grandma Parkes' house everyone is taking it easy.
Shae's cheeks got chapped and wind burned, ouch!
Charlie are all the popcorn and then more cause he's a popcorn junkie.
So, like I said we had a great time and can't wait for next year! (Gee, i think I said that last year! Well, it's true, so I guess it's alright.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I see all these pictures I think your kids are so cute I just wanna kiss 'em!

Trish Olsen said...

lol i thought you slapped Shae or something or she got sun burnt poor baby. Looks like you guys had TONS of fun i have never been to a family reunion lol

Rick-n-Christa-n-CJ-n-Rigin said...

What the hell....are you pregnant? :o) Congratulations!!! How far along does that make you?