May was a normal paced month. Allen finished 6th grade and passed with flying colors. He was on the honor roll again.
Charlie jumped on the trampoline in his underwear! 5-30-08 Hey, It's hot, okay!
Charlie and Shaelynn watched Elmo. 6-1-08
In June Charlie had his 2nd birthday. We had a swim party with his friends here at our house and then a swim party in Gilbert with cousins etc.
Charlie's Ajo birthday party 6-2-08
Charlie and his Aunt Cylena at his Gilbert birthday bash 6-7-08
Ben and Shaelynn 6-7-08
Charlie loved the water slide 6-7-08
He also loved the cake! 6-7-08
Our family also went to Grandma Parkes' house for a week while I worked on a few wood projects. (Now we have a nice set of saw horses and an entertainment center that has locking drawers to store all our DVDs!)
That weekend we also went to the Allen family reunion in Woodruff. It was good to see the Allen side again.
Charlie at the reunion swinging on the swing my great grandfather made 6-13-08
Ben sacked out with Shaelynn 6-14-08
I enjoyed my cutie pie! 6-14-08
Thelma's descendants (Well, the ones that came to the reunion, anyway) 6-14-08
Allen was on the Ajo Desert Sharks swim team this summer. He did a great job and made a lot of improvement over the 2 months he competed.
In July while Ben was detailed out to Papago Camp for a week the kids and I went back to Grandma Parkes' house so I could work on 16 sets of rolling shelves for our food storage. Grandma and I put in 14 hr days and Allen did his best to watch the little ones, so basically Grandma's house was a disaster area! We got to go to Holbrook to see the 4th of July fire works. We had a bucket of chicken and sat in the back of grandma's truck to watch them. Charlie decided it was time to say a new phrase, "I done dis!" (I'm done with this) because they were louder and scarier sitting right under them.
Watching the fireworks from the back of grandma's truck 7-1-08

Shaelynn loved watching the fire works. 7-4-08

It didn't show up, but there was one behind us, take my word for it. 7-4-08
Shaelynn figured out how to get up on her knees and then pull herself up to things.
She also learned there is a way to see over the end of her crib! 7-26-08
She pulled herself up to her knees and then feet in the same day! 7-29-08
Ben pulled Charlie and Shaelynn on a wagon ride 7-26-08
We were also able to go camping with my family the last week in July. We went to Haigler's creek between Young and the rim. It was a pretty place, but it was sure warm. Good thing there's a creek!
This is what Charlie did most of the time we were camping, and yes, I did just clean him up 2 seconds before this picture was taken. 7-31-08
Ben, Allen, and Caleb Miller flexing... er... pooching... whatever. Nice, Ben. 8-1-08
Charlie painting the truck with mud 8-2-08

Since the beginning of this month I have been giving Shaelynn a wider variety of foods to try. She has liked everything I've given her so far. She can hold her bottle and she says mama, da-da and ba-ba too.
Shaelynn tried bananas 8-6-08
Shaelynn demonstrates the proper bottle holding technique. 8-13-08
After camping we were able to bring back all the shelves that my mom and I made and Ben and I assembled them over a week and 1/2. It was a ton of work, but after 2 months, hundreds of dollars and lots of sore muscles, (oh and did I say a TON of work?) they are done and the food storage is organized and inventoried and off the floor! I say it's worth it to be able to see the fruits of your labors and know that your family is learning to be obedient to the prophet's council.
Me running the router 7-5-08

Two trial units of shelves modeled by Charlie 7-9-08
I tore the two shelves we had already down and combined them to save space and consolidate. 7-16-08
working on a few of the 150 trays that the cans roll down 8-12-08 Finished product (Well, almost, that middle shelf needs trays and a label bar) 8-24-08
Allen turned 12 years old on the 15th and was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood on the 17th by Ben. It was a wonderful day. Our families came down to share the day and we had a low key party at the church. He passed the sacrament for the first time today and did a great job. Yeah Allen!
Handsome fellows! 8-17-08
Yummy cake! 8-17-08
5 comments:
I love the food storage shelves! You are so talented. Maybe someday we can get our food storage up to date and find a good way to store it all. It looks like you had a fun summer.
dang girlfriend you are one talented girl. I LOVE your shelves so NICE:)
Nice pictures!
Crazy busy girl!
I think your dog thinks I am it's master more than you guys..since you are always on the road! lol
I love the picture of Shayelynn eating her bed!
Holy shelves! They look awesome! I would love, love, love, shelves like that and a pantry big enough to put them in. :)
When you put it all together, you have been crazy busy this summer. I bet you feel like you have accomplished tons of stuff when you look at it all together!
Post a Comment