Sunday, April 19, 2009

Down on the Farm...Again!

This week was another busy one! I forget to take pictures cause I get busy and then when it's time to blog I can't remember what I did without the pictures. I blame that on the 2 concussions.

Well, here's the stuff I remember:
On Monday Ben was off so we went out to his parents' house to help with the garden some more. Actually, Ben and his dad worked on our Camry-replacing the front struts while Me and Terrilynn furrowed and planted the garden and the kids played in the water.
Charlie wouldn't put the hose down and it kept splashing Shae in the face. 4-13-09 When Allen finished his school work he became the entertainment...
...and the photographer.
Daddy's all done!
And mommy and grandma too! Phew! We really need a furrower attachment for the tiller so we don't have to do these by hand again! I ached for 3 days afterward!
The fruits (or should I say sprouts) of our labor from the last time we were there.
My mom made Shae's outfit and got her this hat. She loves wearing the hat! 4-14-09
And I love taking pictures of her doing stuff like this!
Charlie needed in on the hat action too.
I decided that it was time for Shae's first hair cut, not that it was too long, but it was all uneven and it bugged me. I also needed some for her baby book before her hair became "big girl" hair.
I cut it all the same length and now it can just grow out evenly. I love the Flowbie! It's great for kids cause they can't hold still (Charlie didn't help that) and there's no mess!
Trimmin' the bangs just a little.
Don't take my picture!
Now we can do it two ways, 1/2 curly...
...or whole curly! (1/2 works better because the top goes flat after a few hours.)
Strawberries were on a good sale, so Charlie and I made chocolate covered strawberries for dad to take to camp. Of course Charlie wanted to do everything, so I let him! Dip, dip! 4-15-09
Here they are! Yum!
Charlie's favorite part!
Get it all!
Who needs a fort? Just crawl behind the couch! 4-16-09
The tailgate on our truck hasn't opened properly since the little accident months ago, so Allen and I fixed it. He took the bolts out of the hinge. 4-17-09
I banged on the hinge until it was semi straight.
And put it back on. It works now! Yeah! It was such a pain in the tooshy to open! Also the missionaries were coming to town later that day and needed to borrow our bikes, but 2/3 of them were flat so we fixed all the flats.

Charlie, naked because he's potty training, fixed his too, even though it was plastic and not flat. Allen renamed that day "Official Fix-It Day."

Well, like I said, that's all I can remember and it's only because I have the pictures.
'Till next week... unless I forget!

2 comments:

me and you plus two said...

I feel tired

Anonymous said...

The kids look cute as ever! I like Shae's curls! Tell Allen Thanks for sending me the survey about the transformers and neopets. I have no idea if I am one of the good ones or not!