Sunday, January 17, 2010

The New Built-in China Hutch

Since the China Hutch we had Didn't fit in out Kitchen I decided to build a Smaller one that matched the rest of the kitchen. It was crammed in the corner and overlapped the sliding glass door behind it.
Here's the before picture 12-3-09 I had to pull the trim off the wall so it would be flush to the wall. These are uppers like I put in over the new counter top, but they are only 30 inches wide instead of 36. I assembled them from the bottom up.
I clamped and screwed the face frames together ...
Then mounted them to the back wall.
A few days later, 12-9-09, I found time to do the doors. For the top 2 sets of cabinets I drilled and cut the wood panels out if the frame, sanded stained...
...and then finished them. 12-10-09
Then after 2 days of breaking and replacing the glass panels I was finally able to get them to fit snugly, yet not so tight they break. 12-11-09 This was a stressful job! I was on edge the whole time I was working with the glass. I never cut myself, but I did sand my thumb down to nothing when I was sanding the edge of the glass to make it fit.
I'm glad to have this little project behind me. Our stuff all fits and it looks great in our kitchen - like it belongs there!
On to the next project!

2 comments:

Rick-n-Christa-n-CJ-n-Rigin said...

Once again, you really impress! And I LOVE your hair!

Anonymous said...

When I live in a house I'm just gonna steal you for like a month so you can build all this cool stuff for me!