Allen got creative as usual and made Darth Mall (Star Wars) from some extra paper my mom had. He insisted I take a picture of it and put it on my blog. Here you go, Allen!
Later that evening the kids were getting restless, so my mom put on a CD she had for her preschool and they danced and danced. Here Allen is teaching Charlie to use grandma's kindling like a cane.
On Wednesday I helped Trish put her electrical outlets in the walls instead of along the floors. These houses have aluminum frames and exterior walls and are filled with foam insulation, so the electrical wires were run inside on the floor instead of through the walls. Trish has the same house as me, so that made it easier.
She also got in on the action so when she does the next room she'll be a pro!
Charlie may also know how to do this since he has watched me do it so much. Shaelynn also thinks she can stick things in the outlets now. Ahhhh!
Ta da!
All done! It was a 3 hour tour that turned into a desert island. About 7 hours. Whew!
Later that night after the kids were in bed I went out and put the sealer on one of the entertainment center pieces.
Next day, 3-26-09, I put the finishing touches on the entertainment center's cabinet doors... locking doors! Heh heh heh! Get into these, Charlie!
Finishing the shelves.
I also gave Charlie a hair cut too in there somewhere. He also went on the big potty, so he got a big sucker! Yeah!
We took a break and went to the park. Shaelynn was sad about something. I just love how she can produce these huge crocodile tears in a manner of milliseconds.
Charlie just hangin' around.
Charlie wanted to take a picture so he chose the foxy ladies on the bench as a subject, Shannon, Candice, and Arika.
So cute! Next moment he was dragging her though.
Playing in the tunnel.
Shae played Tic-Tack-Toe against herself... she was Os and she won.
Then she filled someones shoes with dirt. Hee hee :)
Later that evening I pulled pulled out the center piece of the entertainment center to redo it because it wasn't as dark as the side peices. Remember the theme from my mom's? Everything twice! Ugh! Re-sand.
Re-stain.
I figured this thing was taking so long I might as well add a new shelf !
While the stain dried Charlie and I put away some bulk hamburger into freezer bags for easy use. Charlie loves getting his hands into every project, especially if it's food!
Friday morning the LAST coat of sealer went on!
Can you believe it?
Then we went down and helped the Moores can a bunch of food for their year supply.
Mmmm, beans!
We had an assembly line going.
It was a fast way of doing it.
Of course, the pregnant lady was hauling the boxes around. We are just smart that way. (Poor Candice)
And soon as Charlie found out what we were doing he was in on it. He was "cleaning the counters."
And then his fingers.
Shae just put it in her hair. Um, okay.
Later that night as the kids waited anxiously I hooked the DVD player back up...
...and the VCR and the PC Pal.
Allen helped put all the movied back in their locking drawers.
And then helped me lift everything into place. This is the Fort Knox of DVD cabinets! The buttons are on top of the TV (no reachy) and the DVD player and VCR is out of reach (no touchy)! I love it! Love it Love it!
This is the project that has been left unfinshed for the longest, almost 1 year. I am so happy to have it done!!!
And on the the next little project. (3-28-09) I needed a new skirt to go with a few new blouses I bought a little while ago, but couldn't find one I like, so "borrowed" some fabric from my mom while I was at her house and made a pattern off the skirt I have that I like. It's a simple one, but comfortable.
Not the most fasionable thing I've ever owned, but hey, I AM Theresa. When have I ever been fashionable? (3-29-09)
This is the project that has been left unfinshed for the longest, almost 1 year. I am so happy to have it done!!!
3 comments:
Good job on your projects. the entertainment system thingy looks awesome. i am glad that shaelynn likes her present! :-)
The entertainment center looks great and WOW you've been busy!
Hey soo those are my kids's shoe's that Shayelynn filled with sand that was later brought home and dumped on my carpet..lol! Hey I am going to need some copies of the canning pictures..cause as you know I am a genius and forgot my camera.
Post a Comment