Sunday, March 1, 2009

Some Work, Some Play

After being sick for a week I finally started to feel better so it was time to get these cabinets done before another rain storm came. So I dusted everything off and wiped everything down and when the kids took a nap I started staining. 2-23-09And once again Allen kept trying to make me look up and laugh. He told a not so funny joke before he snapped this picture.The jokes got funnier as he went on.
We just guessed on the stain color, but it's a pretty close match, don't ya think? They'll be on the other side of the room anyway.
Later that night...
Allen was so excited when I made him this shirt with his Neo-pet on it.
Shae in her grown-up mini skirt And even later... after the kids were in bed at about 10:30 pm I went out in my P.J.s and put the first coat of poly on. My neighbor drove by and made some comment like I'm crazy or something. Mothers will understand this one. You have to take advantage of the timed when your kids are NOT climbing all over you! That's why we don't get to shower every single day like before we had kids.

Okay, so it was so hot on Wednesday that we got the pool out for the kids. 2-25-09 Charlie loves these shorts. He always wants to put them on. He calls them his "Cows Moobie Shoats." And Shaelynn loves to splash, splash, splash!
Charlie was singing the batman song, so I made him a batman mask of sorts. I took artistic license. 2-26-09Love those ears! Shaelynn tried it, but one size does not fit all.
Next day, two coats later, polly's dry... time to install the cabinets! 2-27-09Allen wanted in on the action, so he held them in place while I installed them. It made it lots easier to get them flush. Thanks, Boo! He took this picture of himself in front of the cabinets.

Putting the doors back on
Whir! Whir! Love that drill! (Allen said to do something different for the picture.)Whoops! The door wasn't all the way on while I played with the drill, so it promptly fell off! I can be a dumb butt sometimes! Allen laughed his head off at me!Almost there...Ta da! Now we just need to put the facing piece on the kick panel, re-tile around the base, and buy and install the counter top! I think I also want to make some glass door upper cabinets to install right above these and put my china in it. The china hutch doesn't really go with out kitchen and it is sitting partially in front of the jacuzzi room door all awkward-like.
The upper cabinets would also prevent my children from pulling my china and crystal out and breaking everything. As you can see we've had to barricade the doors with boxes of pasta so they can't get it, but now they climb on the boxes and get into the pasta. I think my idea would solve all those problems and also give us a spot for a nice big house plant for the kids to play in and dirt to play in. Whatcha think?
Well, I got sick again on Saturday with the same thing I had before. I sure hope it doesn't keep me down for a week again this time. I have too much to do! For crying out loud I am in the middle of like three major projects here! (I still have to finish re-finishing the entertainment center from last year, Finish painting the living room and then finish the cabinets and painting in the kitchen. Then I will start on the bathrooms and painting the outside of the house.)
Whew! I get tired just thinking about it, but that's probably because I'm ill already.
'Till next week...

1 comment:

Karen P said...

you are truly amazing, as we all know. maybe i am a dumb butt, too, but now that you have a wall up, i am confused about the layout of where the new cabinets are, and did you move your kitchen table, fridge, etc. maybe you could do a zoomed out shot of your kitchen so we get the whole jist of it! you rock!