Sunday, March 8, 2009

What do ya do with all this cuteness?

So amongst all the cuteness this has been a pretty busy week and an eventful one for Ben, but I'll get to that in chronological order.

On Monday Scott and Candice (our wonderful neighbors) fed me and the kids for dinner (Ben worked). I got the kids ready for bed with their slippers and everything before we went over and they just looked so adorable to me, so I had to take some pictures. Shaelynn got her slippers as a gift from the hospital when she was only a couple weeks old and was there with RSV. I laughed because I thought they would never fit her, but here we are and they are almost too small now! (Charlie got his Elmo slippers from Grandma Parkes.) And Shaelynn decided that she likes to suck on a binkie like Charlie, but only passively, she is not as addicted to it. She just wants to do what he's doing. 3-2-09
Doll.
Cutie pie.
We have realized that Shae has naturally curly hair, but had not noticed before because she always gets a bath at night and then sleeps on it and half flattens it out, half frizzes it out. Now that we know this I actually comb it and encourage it. She looks like such a little girlie girl now 3-3-09.
Now that looks like she's posing to me.
Take a look at that left foot. Does it look "pigeon toed" to you?
How about now?
I made some chocolate cakes this week and the kids have had fun cleaning up for me. 3-4-09 The boys got the left over frosting and ate it by the spoon full. Charlie looks like he's sneaking it. 3-8-09
Well, I don't have a picture to go with this little story yet, but I'll get one... On Thursday I was at the park with the kids and Candice and Scott and their kids so I called Ben and told him to come and hang out with us. He rode his bike over and we sat and talked and pushed the kids on the swings etc... When it was time to go home Ben hopped on his bike and rode off and the rest of us started walking back. When we got the the skate park, which we walk by to get home we saw Ben's head pop up from behind a ramp and he asked Allen to come get his bike through gritted teeth. He was holding his arm. He said he was headed up the ramp but didn't have enough momentum and started to roll back, but his feet were in the toe clips and he couldn't get them out in time so he landed on his wrist and elbow. I took him to have it x-rayed and sure enough it is broken. He has a lengthwise fracture in his left radial head, about 1/4 inch long and it's in the joint so they put him in a splint and he has to go see a specialist in Mesa next week. The doctor here said they may need to do surgery on it because it's in the joint. He's back to work today and will have to be on light duty until it's all healed. Poor Ben. He said he's learned he's not as young as he thought he was. And since he only has one hand I get to be the other one for him, that's why I say it has been a busy week. I'm just glad it wasn't his right arm. And by the way, this was such perfect timing because we are getting family pictures next week.

8 comments:

Karen P said...

that sucks, ben! hope it heals quickly for you guys!

Amalee said...

Might have broke my tailbone giving birth, but never had it checked out, since it stopped hurting about 6 months after Afton (or was it Amry?) was born. I can't remember. Oh well.
Ok, Reese? ok, ok,....I check the blog. :)

Amalee said...

Well, Reese, while I have you on the phone.....:)

Amalee said...

I am trying to think of what else to tell you, when all of the sudden I notice that only half of my first post is there!!

Amalee said...

Now it makes no sense!

Amalee said...

yes....well, it must run in the family! I've broken (chipped) the radial heads in both arms! first time...left arm, ice skating. gave myself a concussion to go with it. Didn't even know I broke it till 3 days later! Second time...walking around the temple with the primary children. tripped and fell right in front of the bishop. right arm. Those are the only broken bones I've had. I think

Amalee said...

so. there's the last of it. I mean the first of it. :)

Wanderingfamilies said...

SO cute!