Sunday, November 15, 2009

All This Fun in Only Two Weeks!

One afternoon, 9-25-09 to be more specific, The kids and I were at the park and I was watching the them play on the toys and I got this great idea that we needed to drive out into the desert and build a fire and make s'mores. Of course the kids were all for it so that's just what we did!Charlie's my pyro.
Allen too, but he IS a teenager now so he slacks off on the pyro stuff to be lazy sometimes.
What a great helper.
Shea just wanted a cold marshmallow, not too difficult.
I like 'em toasty! I instructed Charlie on the proper method. We had a bunch of fun and I'm glad we got out to do this before it got cold. Now the kids would freeze.
The kids were totally engrossed in Sesame Street and I thought it was cute. 9-28-09
After I re did the wall/doorway, I filled in the tile where the the wall was and in front of the cabinet. The next morning when I got up the kids were taking the spacers out for me. What good little helpers! 9-28-09
They even put them back in the bag for me.
Shaelynn called them candy, but soon found out that they didn't taste right. (Love that morning hair!)
10-2-09 was Ajo High School's homecoming parade and Allen was asked to be in the color guard with the scouts. He was laughing his head off when I took this picture.
Thanks for this picture, Denise! This is Ben, Anders and Allen just before the parade started. (My camera battery was dead when they walked by us.)
On 10-5-09 Ben and I decided we needed to clean out the garage. It was packed full of all kinds of junk! We hauled a way a couple truck loads of junk and then I appropriated the free space! (A girl needs her shop!) The next day, 10-06 I installed the extra set of cabinets from our kitchen and the ones I has just ripped out of the kitchen to make room for the fridge and freezer. They made a nice work bench.And I even had a spare piece of Corian to go on top!
Ta-da!
Next I put together the set of shelves/bins that my mom got me for my birthday 2 years ago.Of course I had help!
The next day I decided to put up peg board and wire in some lights and outlets. Here's the before...
...during...
...still during...
...more during (and here's my helpers making an appearance again)...
...and here's the happy space with some of my tools in their happy new homes! (Me so giddy!)
And here's the first project to be produced in my new "shop!" (That sounds so nice!) 10-9-09
They are puzzles that I made for our Relief Society humanitarian project.
Sanding with my belt sander on its side... yes, I know they're not supposed to be used like that, but when you don't have a bench disc sander...
Next project! It was a little one, but Sarah had a birthday party and needed a cake. The party was Harry Potter themed and the cake was supposed to be Mad Eye Moody's fake eye. It was not to scale of course.
Allen said it was creepy and it looked at you as you moved across the room... um, okay.
Here's a picture Denise took at the birthday party.
"Up!" (Calling their broomsticks)
After Allen left to go to the party Charlie and Shae wanted put on their aprons and help me make dinner. I couldn't resist grabbing my camera.Look at that cutie!
Charlie showed her how to put her hands on her hips.
Charlie, can you sign "cook." Good job!
Shaelynn, can you sign "cook." Yes, yes, very nice!Charlie is old enough to run the big machinery! What a meal it was! I think we opened 2 cans of stuff and microwaved it! Mmmm.On 10-12-09 the kids and I were driving around looking for someone's house and we saw Sister Spitzer taking care of her horses so we went to say. "Hi." She insisted that the kids have a ride on her pony. Then Kelly stopped by and needless to say we all ended up on horses! I even got to ride all by myself for the first time in my life! (Christa, don't laugh) Crazy, for a girl who has been wanting a horse since she was 2 years old to finally get on one alone a week before she turns 35! Here's Charlie on Bonnie. The kids were sick on 10-15-09 so they got a breathing treatment. Call me lame, but I thought they were cute holding it all by themselves. (I'm so lame.)
Charlie likes the "popiods" tube.
Also that day daddy got a new Kevlar vest, so Shae had to try on the cover. "Pretty dress."
and Charlie too. "Pretty Kevlar vest."

I guess it truely is all how you look at it!

No comments: