Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Okay, It's official I'm old. I turned 35 in October. My sisters, mom, and cousin had a girls' day out, as we do once a year, and it was 2 days before my b-day so it was like a b-day party. We went to Olive Garden and pigged out. 10-17-09Then we went to the state fair. When we were growing up my siblings and I always competed in the state fair clogging competition and we never got to see the other side of the fair. My mom decided that we would go experience the fair like civilians this year. We walked around and looked at all the exhibits, bought stuff and rode on some rides.
Weee! It was fun.
For my birthday Our friends Candice and Kelly watched the kids and we rode Kelly's horses. I had a blast! It was a big deal to me because I've always loved horses so much.
Ben also had a good time, but it wasn't as big of a deal to him. He's had lots of experience riding his uncles' horses wile growing up. I was only sore 2 days after I could barley sit down because my tail bone hurt so much. I can't wait to do it again even if it does cause me pain.
I got 2 presents from Ben! (Probably to make up for the lack of one last year)
A neck massager...
And a foot massager! I love them both! Now Ben's off the hook!
On 10-20-09 Charlie was chewing on a 12 inch tinker toy and fell forward off his chair and put it through the back of his mouth. After taking him to the clinic we had to run him up to Phx Children's Hospital to have him checked out to be sure nothing major was damaged. He was fine and we got to come back home after a short visit with the Dr. We are blessed that it wasn't worse.
Since we were out on horses all afternoon on my birthday, Ben made me a black forest cake (my favorite) the next day, but since he had to run off to work right after it was done we waited until the 21st to eat it!
Yummy! It was frozen cause we stuck it in the freezer.
We didn't mind though! (Charlie didn't get enough, so he's supplementing with Allen's shirt.)
Next day, 10-22-09 Shae and Charlie were being Santa Clause in the tub. It was so cute! They were practicing their "Ho Ho Ho."
The hole in Charlie's mouth basically closed up by the next morning, but this picture is from 10-25-09. Good as new!
Shaelynn was feeling left out so she decided to take a dive through my friends sunken shed window opening and land on her face on the concrete floor. She also got to take a ride to Phx Children's and actually spent longer there than Charlie! She even got to have a CAT scan! In the end she was fine though and got to come home after 4 hours.
Okay, so we've filled our emergency room quota for the year! No, Allen you don't have to jump on the boat too!

1 comment:

Rick-n-Christa-n-CJ-n-Rigin said...

All these years I've known you and I've never gotten you on a horse by yourself? I'm a failure as a friend. I love all the new pictures, how fun your birthday day looked! You are quite the handy woman, I'm sooooooo impressed!