Sunday, November 29, 2009

Let's all go to Amy's!

What a great way to spend the week that daddy goes to camp! (7 days at work without coming home) We went to Utah! We drove up on 11-5-09 and back on 11-11-09. We all had a blast. I just wish it was closer so it didn't cost so much and take so dang long to get there! We drove for 14 hours straight with only gas and potty pit stops We even brought our lunch and dinner and ate in the van. I did stop and buy a dual screen DVD player for the kids which really helped. They were awesome for the first 12 hours and the last two... well, I don't blame them.

Here's Shaelynn after playing in the paint. She's signing dirty. 11-6-09On the 11-7-09 my friend Kimberly came down to Provo to have a pick nick with us. Allen and her daughter, Savannah took turns taking the pictures. Here's me, Shaelynn, Charlie, Kimberly, Aiden (her 1 yr old son) and Allen. And here's all the same minus Allen and Savannah is in his place. Allen and Savannah are about 6 months apart.
We ate and talked for a while and the little ones fell asleep on the ground. Shaelynn wouldn't let go of her carrot.
Later that day I let the kids paint again. They love it.
Then later that evening they were dancing to the music on the credits of a movie and I got some funny pictures. Check out Charlie's moves!
And Shaelynn can twirl like no other!
Afton, Amry, Darin and Aeden join in. It was a real dance party!
Whoa, Charlie! (That's not his belly button, it's the leg of the chair)
Shaelynn was ready for bed by the time I took this one. She was totally staring out into space.
Sunday, 11-8-09, I did Amry's hair. Cutie!
Charlie and Shaelynn did mine! (We stayed home from church sick.)
I let Charlie and Shaelynn paint again. I think Shaelynn's getting better at painting her face! She sure knows the sign for dirty!
After church it was "catch a bubble" time. Charlie and Amry got tons.Shae got one or two.
And if you count Charlie's hair he wins!
On Monday, 11-9-09, it was a school day for all the home schoolers. The little ones practiced their letters/scribbles...
...Allen did some of history, along with his other subjects. He also did some yelling at the computer screen when he got a wrong answer. (Of course we all know it's the computer's fault when we get something wrong)...
...Aryn did some Spanish among other things...
...and Ari did her independent reading.
Shaelynn and Aeden watched "Signing Time" a lot.
The leaves were dropping off the trees so the kids raked them and played in them for the rest of the time we were there. They loved it. Charlie buddied up with Amry and I hardly ever saw him except for a streak through the house now and then.
The week went by too fast but Shaelynn sang for me most of the way home to make me feel better.
Thanks for letting us come and play, Aunt Amy! Your turn!

No comments: